Coconut macaroon tart shells:
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Homemade whipped cream
To make the coconut tartlets:
- Combine the coconut, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg whites in a bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into greased mini muffin tins.
- Press the coconut mixture into the bottom of the pan and up the sides to form a thin crust.
- Bake the macaroon tart shells at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until the edges are browned. (Be careful not to over bake them.)
- Let them cool for a couple of minutes on a wire rack.
- Gently run a knife around the edges to loosen the tart shells from the pan and then remove them from the muffin tins.
- Let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store the macaroon tart shells in a sealed container.
Note: They can be made in advance.
To assemble the tartlets:
- Spoon homemade whipped cream into the coconut macaroons and top each tartlet with desired amount of blueberries. Garnish with toasted coconut if desired.
44 Calories, 2.2 g Fat, 5.9 g Carbohydrates, 0.6 g Dietary Fiber, 4.4 g Sugars, 5.7 mg Sodium, 0 mg Cholesterol, 0.7 g Protein