Three-Minute Tomato and Avocado Salad
EAT WHAT YOU LOVE EVERYDAY © 2014 by Marlene Koch, Running Press, a member of the Perseus Books Group.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar, optional
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped avocado (about 1 small avocado)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, green and white parts
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place lettuce on a large platter. Arrange tomatoes and avocado over lettuce. Sprinkle with green onions and chopped cilantro.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
Don’t be tempted to toss this salad like a traditional mixed salad. Drizzling the dressing over the vibrantly colored tomato-avocado mix is essential to keep it looking fresh.