- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (11 oz) can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cooked barbecued chicken*
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (7 1/2 inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Cook onion and pepper, stirring, until tender. Add undrained tomatoes, beans, corn, and seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Add chicken and cilantro; cook, stirring, until hot. Season to taste.
- Line base and sides of an 8 inch springform pan with foil or parchment paper; place on oven tray. Line base of pan with a tortilla; top with one-third of chicken mixture. Repeat layering with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture, finishing with a tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes until browned lightly. Stand 5 minutes before cutting. Serving suggestion: Serve with an avocado salad or guacamole.
*You need to buy half of a large barbecued chicken to get the amount of shredded meat required for this recipe.