- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (1 1/4 lb) acorn squash, seeded and quartered
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups pomegranate arils
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
6 quart slow cooker
- Pour water into a 6-quart slow cooker. Place acorn squash quarters, flesh side up, in slow cooker.
- Stir together honey, butter, cinnamon, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle honey mixture over squash.
- Cover and cook on High until tender, 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle evenly with pomegranate arils and cilantro.
With the honey, butter, and cinnamon sauce drizzled on top and the sprinkling of pomegranate arils, this squash side dish is almost like a dessert. You can also drizzle the sauce over oatmeal and baked apples for breakfast.