- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, plus additional for flouring
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin purée
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- Make crust: In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the 1 1/3 cup of flour with pinch of salt. Add cubed butter and pulse until mixture is size of peas. Drizzle in ice water and pulse until crumbs are moistened. Turn mixture out onto a work surface. Gather dough into a ball, flatten, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 13-inch round, a scant N-inch thick. Fit dough into a 9-inch glass pie plate and trim overhang to O inch. Fold dough under itself and crimp decoratively. Refrigerate pie shell for 10 minutes.
- Line pie shell with foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake in center of oven until nearly set, about 25 minutes. Remove foil and weights and bake until crust is pale golden, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Make filling: In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with sugar, cornstarch, spices, and salt until smooth. Whisk in pumpkin purée and evaporated milk. Pour filling into crust. Bake pie for 45 minutes, or until set.
- Cool pie on a wire rack.