- 3 cups whole cranberries
- 1 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 medium-sized orange (preferably organic)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Pick over cranberries and remove any loose or attached stems or leaves. Rinse cranberries under running water in a colander.
- Combine cranberries, honey or maple syrup, and 1/8 cup of water in a medium pan set over medium heat. Bring mixture to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Uncover pan and simmer for 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Cut unpeeled orange into chunks. Add chunks to a food processor or blender and chop into a fine pulp.
- Add orange pulp, spices, and another 1/8 cup of water to cranberry mixture. Simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered, stirring often. Chill before serving.
90 Calories, 23 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 3 mg Sodium, Top source of Manganese, Fair source of Vitamin C