Grilled Scallop and Cherry Tomato Skewers
Reprinted with permission from The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen Grilling Cookbook © 2013 by Hearst Books, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
- 8 (8-inch) bamboo skewers
- 16 large sea scallops (11/4 lb)
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- Soak skewers in hot water at least 30 minutes. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, pull off and discard tough crescent-shaped muscle, if any, from each scallop. Rinse scallops well to remove sand from crevices and pat dry with paper towels.
- From lemon, grate 11/2 teaspoons of peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon of juice. In a small bowl, whisk lemon peel and juice, oil, Dijon, and salt until blended. Set aside.
- Thread 3 tomatoes and 2 scallops alternately on each skewer, beginning and ending with tomatoes.
- Brush scallops and tomatoes with half of Dijon mixture; place on hot grill grate. Cook 7 to 9 minutes, turning several times. Brush with remaining Dijon mixture, and cook 5 minutes longer or until scallops are just opaque throughout.
188 Calories, 21 g Protein, 14.5 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 340 mg Sodium. Good source of Vitamin B12.