- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing the grates
- 4 (6- to 8-oz) skin-on organic salmon fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your stovetop grill pan or outdoor grill over the highest heat. Brush or spray grates with oil.
- Rinse salmon and pat it dry with a paper towel. Put salmon in a large bowl and drizzle with the 2 tablespoons of oil. Using your hands, rub oil evenly all over both sides of fish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon on preheated grill flesh-side down first to prevent sticking. Cook for 3 minutes per side for medium-rare and 4 minutes per side for well-done. Be patient and resist the temptation to flip sooner or salmon will stick. Remove salmon from grill and serve, if desired, with Corn & Edamame Salad (recipe follows).
Per serving (without Corn & Edamame Salad): 531 Calories, 46 g Protein, 37 g Total fat (8 g sat), 425 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), B6, B12, Phosphorus, ★★★★ Vitamin E, ★★★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), ★★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Potassium, ★ Vitamin C, Magnesium