Bean and Kale Soup
- 36 oz low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic white beans
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups chopped fresh kale leaves
- Slow Cooker
- In a 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker, combine vegetable broth, tomato puree, beans, rice, onion, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Cover; cook on Low for 5 to 7 hours
- Just before serving, stir in kale.