Fruity Almond Oat Bars
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 stick, plus 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup of your favorite fruit jam or preserves
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, oats, sugar, and almonds until well combined.
- With your fingers, work butter into flour mixture until well combined and mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1/3 cup of this mixture.
- Press remaining flour mixture firmly into the bottom of an 11 by 7 inch baking dish. Spread jam evenly over flour mixture. Sprinkle reserved 1/3 cup of flour mixture over jam.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool and cut into bars.