Chickpea and Artichoke Salad
From Vegan Yum Yum by Lauren Ulm
- 1 Tbsp oil, plus additional 1
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 5 to 7 artichoke hearts, drained and sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 to 1/3 c sliced almonds (toasted if desired)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Heat oil in seasoned wok or cast-iron skillet.
- Add chickpeas and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring only occasionally to prevent burning, until chickpeas are golden brown all over.
- When done, transfer chickpeas to large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add more oil to pan and saute sliced artichoke hearts until browned. Add artichokes to bowl of chickpeas.
- Toast almonds in dry skillet (if desired) and then grind them in food processor. Add almonds to artichokes and chickpeas.
- Season salad with lemon juice and salt and stir in chopped parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature, adjusting seasoning if needed.
Per serving: 177 Calories, 7 g Protein, 17 g Carbohydrates, 5 g Fiber, 10 g Total fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono, 1 g poly), 358 mg Sodium, Good source of Vitamin K, Biotin, Vitamin C, E, Copper, Manganese