Spicy Avocado & Quinoa Salsa
- 1/4 cup quinoa, thoroughly washed
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- 1/2 1 red chile, seeded and chopped (depending on how fiery you like it)
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped (optional)
- Juice of 2 limes, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook quinoa in boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, put rest of ingredients in a bowl with half of the lime juice. Season well with salt and pepper and then stir in quinoa.
- Taste for seasoning and add extra lime juice or salt and pepper as required.