- Olive oil
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour or other gluten-free, nut-free flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup nondairy, plain, unsweetened milk (rice, soy, hemp)
- 1 cup gluten-free, vegan breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cups your favorite marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly grease a large oven-safe cooling rack with oil. Place cooling rack on a large baking sheet.
- Cut off ends of each zucchini. Slice each zucchini lengthwise into 8 large fries, leaving skin on.
- Prepare 3 plates: On first plate, gently whisk together chickpea flour, garlic powder, and salt. On second plate, pour milk. On third plate, stir together breadcrumbs and nutritional yeast.
- Dip each piece of sliced zucchini assembly-line fashion into the 3 plates. First, dip it lightly into flour mixture, then milk, and finally breadcrumb mixture. Be sure to coat all sides of zucchini with each mixture. Place breaded fries on greased rack placed atop baking sheet. Make sure fries are not touching.
- Transfer baking sheet to oven. Bake fries for approximately 15 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- Serve fries with warmed marinara sauce.
Per serving: 350 Calories, 16 g Protein, 64 g Carbohydrates, 8 g Fiber, 5 g Total fat (0 g sat), 347 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B6, B12, ★★★ Vitamin C, ★ Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc