- 1-inch chunk fresh ginger, thinly sliced or grated (no need to peel)
- 16 ounces boiling water
- optional ingredients:
- 1 heaping tablespoon of honey
- 2 squeezed fresh lemon wedges
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 star anise pod
- Prepare ginger
- Put in thermos with optional ingredients of choice
- Pour in boiling water and cover
- Let sit 30-60 minutes before drinking.
Maria Noël Groves, RH (AHG)
Maria Noël Groves, RH (AHG), is the best-selling, award-winning author of Body into Balance: An Herbal Guide to Holistic Self Care and Grow Your Own Herbal Remedies. Maria’s a registered professional herbalist with the American Herbalists Guild and a graduate of the Southwest School of Botanical Medicine and Rosemary Gladstar’s Sage Mountain. Learn more about Maria and herbs at Wintergreen Botanicals.