- 2 cups bran buds
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cups shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup All Bran
- Pour boiling water over the bran buds and let them cool.
- Cream the sugar and the shortening. Add the eggs.
- Add the flour and baking soda alternately with the buttermilk.
- Add the cooled bran bud mix and the All Bran.
- Spoon the muffin batter into lined or greased muffin pans, or greased heart pans.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes at 375 degrees until they are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve them warm or at room temperature with crushed red raspberries or jam.
More from Itsy Bitsy Foodies