- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup amaranth flour
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Combine dates, walnuts, oil, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Pour in boiling water. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine amaranth, sorghum, and tapioca flours in a large bowl. Whisk in sugar and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla in another medium bowl until combined. Stir in date mixture. Add date-egg mixture to flour mixture in large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin cups. Let sit for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove muffins from pan and allow them to cool on a rack.
1 muffin: 242 Calories, 4 g Protein, 46 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 6 g Total fat (1 g sat), 221 mg Sodium, ★ Magnesium, Phosphorus