- 1 c sorghum flour
- 1/2 c tapioca starch (also known as tapioca flour)
- 1/3 c quinoa flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 c nondairy milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c runny honey*
- 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c shredded carrots
- 1 c raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly oil the cups of a 12-cup muffin pan, or line cups with paper liners, and set aside.
- Mix together sorghum flour, tapioca starch, quinoa flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, honey, applesauce, and vanilla extract until well combined. Stir in carrots and raisins.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined.
- Fill muffin cups with batter. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Leave muffins in pan for 10 minutes and then carefully remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
*If the honey is too thick and not pourable, gently heat it in a saucepan until it’s more liquid.
1 muffin: 169 Calories, 3 g Protein, 38 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fiber, 1 g Total fat, 204 mg Sodium, ★★ Phosphorus, ★ Vitamin A, Calcium