- 1 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup organic oat bran
- 1 1/2 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp EDEN Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup organic seedless raisins, optional
- 1 cup EDENSOY Vanilla
- or EDENSOY Extra Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp EDEN Barley Malt Syrup
- 1 Tbsp EDEN Safflower Oil
- 1/2 cup EDEN Apple Sauce
- or EDEN Apple Butter
- EDEN Safflower Oil, for frying pancakes
- In a large bowl, mix first eight ingredients.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, combine EDENSOY, barley malt and oil.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients. Batter will be fairly thick.
- Oil a griddle and heat.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle.
- Cook over medium heat until edges begin to look dry, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip and brown on the other side.
- Serve with warm EDEN Apple Sauce, EDEN Apple Cherry Sauce, EDEN Apple Strawberry Sauce, EDEN Apple Butter , EDEN Apple Cherry Butter, or pure maple syrup.
135 calories, 3g fat (17% calories from fat), 4g protein, 28g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.