Reprinted with permission from The Paleo Chef by Pete Evans, copyright © 2014. Published by Ten Speed Press, a division of Penguin Random House, Inc.
[PHOTO credit: ©2014 by Mark Roper]
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1⁄3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 20 minutes, then drained
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped
- 8 fresh cherries
- Pistachio nuts
- Toasted coconut shavings, to serve
1. Combine avocado, cacao powder, honey, dates, cinnamon, and vanilla bean seeds in a food processor. Blend until very smooth and fluffy.
2. Spoon mousse into four small glasses. Top each with two cherries, pistachio nuts, and toasted coconut.
Kitchen Note: This is a divine dessert to serve on a hot day; its silky smooth texture and chilled temperature is reviving and comforting all blended into one.