- Ice Cream Maker (see notes)
- Properly chill your ice cream or sorbet churning bowl in the freezer over night. (If you don't have an ice cream maker, see notes below).
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine avocado, raspberries, lime juice, honey and vanilla bean. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into chilled ice cream maker and freeze for about 10 minutes. Stir in dark chocolate chips, then continue freezing according to the ice cream maker manufacturer's instructions. Serve or store in freezer.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, complete steps 1 and 2, then:
- Transfer mixture to a freezer-safe container.
- Smooth flat with a spoon and swirl in dark chocolate chips.
- Cover and freeze for about 4 hours, until firm.
- For a firmer sorbet, freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.