- 1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 3/4 tsp fine-grain sea salt
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup natural cane sugar
- 1/3 cup minced crystallized ginger
- Combine flours, salt, and ground ginger in small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In separate large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix again. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined and crumbly. Stir in crystallized ginger by hand and turn dough out onto a floured work surface. Knead dough just once or twice to bring it together, gather it into a ball, and flatten into a disk 1-inch thick. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough out to a 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into whatever shapes you desire. Imprint a design using a cookie stamp if you like and place on baking sheet.
- Freeze for 10 minutes and then bake for about 10 minutes, or until cookies are beginning to brown on the bottom. Baking time varies depending on size of cookies, taking less time for smaller cookies.
Per serving: 140 Calories, 1 g Protein, 16 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 8 g Total fat (5 g sat, 2 g mono), 77 mg Sodium, ★ Vitamin A