- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger root
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp curry paste
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cup cubed butternut squash
- 4 cup diced Washington Granny Smith apples
- 2 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- In deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in ginger root, garlic, curry paste, salt, and pepper and cook one minute.
- Pour in coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add squash and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add apple and chicken and cook just until apples are tender but still hold their shape, about 10 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve with warm bread or cooked basmati rice.
437 Calories, 28 g Protein, 44 g Carbohydrates, 8 g Fiber, 19 g Total fat (12 g sat, 3 g mono, 3 g poly), 295 mg Sodium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B3 (niacin), Vitamin B6, Manganese, Vitamin C, Pantothenic acid, Copper, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B12, Biotin, E, Folate, K, Calcium, Iron, Molybdenum, Zinc