- Cooking oil spray
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh berries (if you use frozen, thaw & drain)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper or foil cut to exact size. Spray with cooking oil spray and lightly flour.
- Coarsely chop the bittersweet chocolate and melt with the butter in a microwave oven on High for two minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon until all of the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Beat the eggs until thick and then stir in sifted cocoa and sugar. Beat mixture until thick and creamy.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture, and beat again until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place cake on cooling rack for 10 minutes before turning it onto a serving plate. When cool, sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar, using a sifter, and garnish with berries.
313 Calories, 4 g Protein, 26 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 23 g Total fat (14 g sat, 2 g mono), 26 mg Sodium, Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Biotin, Copper, Phosphorus, Selenium