- 15 oz chocolate (65 to 80 % cocoa), chopped
- 7 oz unsalted butter, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler, stirring occasionally. Pour chocolate-butter mixture into bowl of a stand mixer (or just a large bowl if you’re using a hand mixer).
- Add eggs and mix at low speed, scraping bowl as needed, until mixture is completely smooth, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Pour water into a small saucepan. Add sugar and salt. Cook over medium-low heat until sugar and salt dissolve (a minute or two), swirling pan to aid in even cooking.
- With mixer at low speed, stream melted sugar mixture into chocolate mixture. When all sugar is incorporated, turn mixer up to medium-high speed and mix until batter is smooth and shiny, about 3 minutes.
- Scrape batter into springform pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until edges look set but center still looks shiny. Let cool before serving.
This flourless chocolate torte is something like a cross between a brownie, cake, and custard. A small slice of this super-rich torte goes a long way. Serve it warm or chilled (both ways are great).
388 Calories, 5 g Protein, 25 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 30 g Total fat (18 g sat), 182 Sodium, ★★ Vitamin B12, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, ★ Vitamin A, Zinc