- 1 large celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, florets only, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 to 3 tsp lemon juice, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a deep saucepan, place celery, broccoli, onion, parsnips, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Cover tightly and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, if using. In a blender, puree soup until velvet-smooth. Serve in bowls or pour into mugs.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.