- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp nondairy milk
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 5 Tbsp protein powder
- 3 Tbsp Unflavored Natural Calm supplement, or an equal amount of protein powder
- 1/4 cup ground or milled flaxseed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 oz dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl with a hand or stand mixer.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a small bowl. Once incorporated, add to the wet mix and mix until smooth. Allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken up.
- Scoop approximately 1/3 cup at a time into your hand. Shape into a bar and place on prepared baking sheet. You can also shape the bars on the baking sheet; I found that was easiest.
- Bake bars for 22 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean, the bottoms of the bars are golden, and the tops are cracking slightly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled completely, then drizzle with melted chocolate.
Her first paperback, The Keto Diet, was an international bestseller and the first ketogenic book to debut at Costco, ever. some of her latest include The Keto Diet Cookbook (April, 2019), and Keto for Women (June, 2019).