- 3 apples, pared and cored
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries*
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- Halve 2 apples lengthwise; brush with lemon juice.
- Place cut side down in oiled baking dish. Brush with honey.
- Bake, covered, at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Chop remaining apple; toss with remaining ingredients.
- Remove apples from oven; mound apple mixture on apples.
- Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until topping browns.
*One-half cup dried cranberries may be substituted for fresh or frozen cranberries.