- 2 cups finely ground cookies such as ginger snaps (choose gluten-free options if gluten-free)
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 cup Lundberg Family Farms Arborio Rice
- 5 cups hot apple cider
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- For crust, combine cookie crumbs and melted butter, press into a greased spring form pan making sure to evenly go up the sides; refrigerate. For a firmer crust, bake for 8 minutes.
- To make the risotto, heat the apple cider to a simmer. Melt the butter and cook the rice until it starts to look a bit translucent. Once it starts to turn colors, add one cup of the hot apple cider, stirring continuously until all the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the apple cider 1 cup at a time until all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and cool. Set aside. Rice must be cooled before adding to cheesecake mixture.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Bring 5 cups of water to a boil for a steam bath for cheesecake (reduce to simmer until needed).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar on medium until it is smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one a time and mix each well, about 1 minute. Once eggs are mixed into batter, add the sour cream and vanilla mix just until blended. Gently stir in the cooled risotto until evenly incorporated. Pour mixture into the chilled crust.
- Place an oven safe dish on the lowest oven rack and pour the hot water into dish. Place the cheesecake pan on the middle rack. Bake for 1-1/4 hours. Turn oven off, leave door closed and let cheesecake continue to bake using the residual heat of oven for another 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake and cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Once the cheesecake is cool, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cut into 12 – 16 pieces.
This is a basic risotto cheesecake recipe. The cheesecake can be topped with your favorite fruit, sauce, or syrup just before serving.
1 slice: 360 calories
Lundberg Family Farms
Lundberg Family Farms® is a family-owned and operated business whose passion is producing gourmet rice products while respecting and sustaining the earth. From the gourmet rice varieties and convenient boxed meals to gluten-free alternatives and tasty snacks, they have something for everyone.