- 4 large apples
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins (or a mixture)
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, plus extra for drizzling
- 2/3 cup apple cider or juice
- Creme fraiche, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Make a “lid” out of top of each apple by cutting around stem (make each one about 2 inches across). Set lids aside and remove core from rest of apple with a corer.
- Mix together dried and fresh cranberries, pecans, and maple syrup. Place apples in ovenproof dish and spoon cranberry mixture into them. Put lids on and drizzle some maple syrup over each apple. Pour cider or juice into dish around apples. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until apples are tender. Spoon juice over apples every so often while they are cooking.
- Serve warm, with creme fraiche.