- 1 tsp bee balm (or oregano and/or thyme)—for respiratory infections
- 1 tsp Korean licorice mint (or anise hyssop, fennel seed, or licorice root)
- 1 tsp peppermint leaf
- 1 tsp marshmallow leaf (or mallow leaf or marshmallow root)
- 1 tsp mullein leaf (strain hairs well through a tightly woven cloth or coffee filter), optional
- 1 tsp plantain leaf, optional
- Steep herbs in 12 to 16 ounces of hot water for 15 minutes or longer. (Inhale the steam as it steeps.)
- Strain and sweeten with honey if desired.
This tea combines general antimicrobial activity with lung-opening and soothing properties.
Maria Noël Groves, RH (AHG)
Maria Noël Groves, RH (AHG), is the best-selling, award-winning author of Body into Balance: An Herbal Guide to Holistic Self Care and Grow Your Own Herbal Remedies. Maria’s a registered professional herbalist with the American Herbalists Guild and a graduate of the Southwest School of Botanical Medicine and Rosemary Gladstar’s Sage Mountain. Learn more about Maria and herbs at Wintergreen Botanicals.