- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk. In another mixing bowl whisk together the coconut sugar with the egg, milk, vanilla, and oil. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and whisk until smooth and it starts to thicken slightly.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tins and bake 18 to 22 minutes or until they are golden brown and puffed, the tops spring back slightly and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cool, cut a cone shaped piece about an inch in diameter from the top of the cupcakes. Insert your finger into the holes and widen the bottom a bit. Spoon in about 1 teaspoon of the caramel, cut the tip off the cone and place it over the caramel. Spread or pipe frosting on top and drizzle with a little bit of caramel.
- The cupcakes can be stored in the refrigerator but are best served at room temperature.
Here are the components...
Make and use these components to assemble this delicious treat!