- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp mace
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 12 Tbsp (1 1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp milk
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Cream butter with sugar until light, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time until incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in flour mixture until just combined and then add milk.
- Spoon batter into prepared tin. Bake for 15 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- Top with all-natural glaze, frosting, or powdered sugar.
Per serving: 233 Calories, 3 g Protein, 28 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 13 g Total fat (8 g sat, 3 g mono, 1 g poly), 114 mg Sodium, Vitamin A, B2 (riboflavin), Selenium