- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- Whisk together flour, water, salt, pepper, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large bowl. Allow batter to sit at room temperature for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Heat oven broiler. Add 1/2 tablespoon of the oil to the bottom of a 10-inch cast iron pan. Swirl to coat bottom of pan. Heat pan for 5 minutes under broiler.
- Carefully remove pan from oven. Stir batter and pour half of it in bottom of pan. Swirl batter around to cover pan bottom. Return pan to oven under preheated broiler.
- Bake until socca is firm and edges are lightly browned, approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Check every few minutes to see how socca is doing.
- Remove socca with a spatula to a cutting board. Cut into 6 wedges.
- Repeat process to make a second socca with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and remaining half of batter. Serve socca wedges immediately.
Enjoy these chickpea flour crêpes topped with crumbled feta cheese, pitted green and black olives, salad greens, or your favorite roasted vegetables.
169 Calories, 4 g Protein, 13 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 12 g Total fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono, 1 g poly), 288 mg Sodium, ★ Copper