- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely minced Italian parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh mint or cilantro (optional)
- Brown all spices in oil in large saucepan. Add quinoa and stir well.
- Add 2 cups boiling water, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and let stand for a few minutes. Add optional parsley and mint or cilantro. Fluff with fork and serve.
227 Calories, 6 g Protein, 31 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 10 g Total fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono, 2 g poly), 13 mg Sodium, ★★★ Vitamin K, Manganese, ★★ Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, ★ Vitamin E, Zinc