- Chicken and Marinade
- 10 oz skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp dried Greek oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- A little olive oil
- 1/2 zucchini, shaved or sliced into thin strips
- 4 warm flatbreads
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- Place chicken in a bowl with all other marinade ingredients. Cover and leave in fridge for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven broiler to maximum or heat an outdoor grill. Thread marinated meat onto metal skewers. Broil in the oven or on the grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over high heat with a little oil. Cook zucchini until it just begins to brown, just a minute or two.
- Stack each flatbread with chicken, zucchini, a little onion, and tzatziki. Roll up and serve immediately.
For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free flatbreads or gluten-free soft tortilla wraps.
Top Your Souvlaki with This
Slather on a traditional Greek sauce.