- 1 cup (scant) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 of a long cucumber, grated, excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Line a sieve with muslin or paper towels, set it over a bowl, and pour yogurt into it. Leave to drain for a couple of hours, or overnight, in the fridge. Discard liquid.
- Add cucumber, garlic, and dill. Pour in lemon juice and oil gradually, seasoning as you do, tasting until flavors are perfectly balanced. Chill until ready to serve.
Per serving (1/4 cup): 70 Calories, 3 g Protein, 5 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Total fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono), 113 mg Sodium
Try Your Tzatziki on These
Slather it on this traditional Greek dish.