- 2 tbsp (28 g) butter
- 1/4 cup (40 g) chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 4 cups (960 ml) chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups (280 g) cooked, cubed chicken
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and celery. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the onion softens and becomes fragrant. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour the broth into the pot and add the bay leaf, parsley, pepper, salt and thyme, and stir. Add the chicken and bring the pot to a boil for 2 minutes, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the zucchinis and turn off the heat. Stir occasionally and let the zucchinis soften for 5 to 7 minutes. They should be soft but still firm enough to add a bit of texture to the dish. Discard the bay leaf before serving.