- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (32 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 dried bay leaf
- Heat oil in large pot, over medium-high. Sauté onions and garlic until onions are translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots, salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bay leaf. Simmer covered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 45 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste