From the Taste for Life test kitchen
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 c fresh or frozen corn, cooked and sliced from the cob (if using fresh corn)
- 1/2 of an avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 c diced red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- To make the burgers, mix together turkey, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Form mixture into four patties.
- Grill, pan fry, or broil patties until meat is cooked through. Set burgers aside.
- To make the Corn-Avocado Salsa, gently toss corn, avocado, bell pepper, lime juice, vinegar, and cilantro together in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place each cooked burger on a bun. Top with Corn-Avocado Salsa and serve.
Dairy free, nut free
Per serving: 378 Calories, 26 g Protein, 33 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 16 g Total fat (4 g sat, 7 g mono, 4 g poly), 444 mg Sodium, ★★★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), C, ★★ Vitamin A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B6, Folate, Iron, Phosphorus, ★ Pantothenic acid, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Selenium, Zinc