- 4 slices of Food for Life 7 Sprouted Grains Bread
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichokes
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds (we used mozzarella and cheddar)
- 3 Tbsp vegan parmesan
- 1/3 cup + 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper
Green Goddess Dipping Sauce
- Add soaked cashews and 1 cup water to a blender and blend to create a cashew cream.
- Add fresh herbs (saving 1 tbs fresh parsley for the herb oil), lime juice, avocado, salt and pepper then blend again.
- Set aside to chill while you make the sandwich.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup olive oil with 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, 1 tbsp vegan parmesan, and 1/4 tsp of sea salt and pepper. Set garlic-herb mixture aside.
- Chop and lightly sauté red onion and spinach in 2 Tbsp olive oil until wilted. Add 2 tbs vegan parmesan and the marinated artichokes. Mix, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside in small bowl for easy assembly.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil to pan over medium heat. Brush garlic herb mixture on both slices of bread.
- Place bread garlic-herb side down into pan and assemble the sandwich with spinach and artichoke mixture, jalapeño slices, and vegan cheeses. Add top piece of bread, garlic-herb side facing outward.
- Toast on one side until golden brown, then flip and toast until cheese is melted and the other side is golden brown and crispy.
- Slice grilled cheese and stack on plate, serve dipping sauce on the side. Enjoy!