- 4 slices of Food for Life 7 Sprouted Grains Bread
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichokes
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds (we used mozzarella and cheddar)
- 3 Tbsp vegan parmesan
- 1/3 cup + 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper
Green Goddess Dipping Sauce
- Add soaked cashews and 1 cup water to a blender and blend to create a cashew cream.
- Add fresh herbs (saving 1 tbs fresh parsley for the herb oil), lime juice, avocado, salt and pepper then blend again.
- Set aside to chill while you make the sandwich.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup olive oil with 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, 1 tbsp vegan parmesan, and 1/4 tsp of sea salt and pepper. Set garlic-herb mixture aside.
- Chop and lightly sauté red onion and spinach in 2 Tbsp olive oil until wilted. Add 2 tbs vegan parmesan and the marinated artichokes. Mix, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside in small bowl for easy assembly.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil to pan over medium heat. Brush garlic herb mixture on both slices of bread.
- Place bread garlic-herb side down into pan and assemble the sandwich with spinach and artichoke mixture, jalapeño slices, and vegan cheeses. Add top piece of bread, garlic-herb side facing outward.
- Toast on one side until golden brown, then flip and toast until cheese is melted and the other side is golden brown and crispy.
- Slice grilled cheese and stack on plate, serve dipping sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Food For Life
Food For Life takes the time to sprout the grains in most all of their products to release nutrients that would otherwise remain dormant. In other cases, they use more than 18 grains and seeds from all over the world in a single loaf of bread, so you can benefit from the most nutrient rich, wholesome products out there.
Food For Life developed yeast-free, gluten-free, vegan and diabetic-friendly selections that promote wellness, happiness and assure peace of mind. From their pastas and breads, to their cereals, tortillas and english muffins, they strive to bring you the very best food for your life.