- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, sliced thin
- 12 oz fully cooked chicken sausage links (cut in half widthwise and then lengthwise)
- 1 cup your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 thinly sliced fresh basil
- 8 small slider buns
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, until soft. Add sausage and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar and simmer mixture over medium-low heat for 3 to 5 minutes until sauce has thickened somewhat. Remove from heat and gently stir in basil.
- Split buns and toast, if desired.
- Top bottom half of each bun with sausage-pepper mixture. Cover each with remaining bun halves. Serve immediately.
199 Calories, 12 g Protein, 23 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 8 g Total fat (2 g sat), 627 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin C, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Vitamin B3 (niacin), Vitamin K, Iron