- 2 cups chopped butter, red leaf, or romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato or 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 large ripe avocado, cubed
- 2 or 3 slices smoked turkey or baked tofu, coarsely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Divide lettuce between two large containers. In each container, arrange half the tomato, avocado, turkey, eggs, and blue cheese (if using) in rows on top of lettuce.
- To make dressing, divide soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil between two small containers. Put on lids and shake well.
- The salad and dressing can be made the night before and stored in the refrigerator, but wait until morning to cut and add the avocado.
- Be sure to give your child instructions for drizzling the dressing over the salad at lunchtime.