- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (e.g., from a purchased rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup frozen corn, unthawed
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup baked tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced avocado
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan set over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add the broth, chicken, corn, and tomatoes with their juices. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into 4 bowls and top with equal amounts of chips, Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro, and avocado.
207 calories, 7.4 grams fat, 22.3 grams protein, 51 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium; 12.6 g carbohydrates