- 3⁄4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup vegan non-dairy sour cream substitute
- 1 cup soy milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup or stock pot, sautee the mushrooms, onion and garlic in olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes, until onions are soft.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the vegetable broth.
- Cover and allow to simmer for at least 45 minutes.
- Add the flour, non-dairy sour cream and soy milk, stirring well to combine.
- Allow to simmer another 20 to 30 minutes, or until soup has thickened.
- Season generously with salt and pepper before serving.