- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 2 1/2-inch strips
- 2 Tbsp oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Toss carrot strips with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Transfer to a baking pan and roast for 25 minutes, or until carrots are tender and lightly browned in certain places, turning halfway through.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pot set over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes. Add ginger, roasted carrots, broth, and salt to taste. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cover pot. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Transfer carrot mixture to a blender and blend on high until smooth. Serve garnished with fresh thyme, if desired.