- 1 cup uncooked red or white quinoa
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped baking apple
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly by placing in a fine-mesh strainer and holding under cold running water until water runs clear. Drain well.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, apple, and quinoa in butter 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vegetable stock and orange juice. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Fluff with fork.
- Stir in cranberries, nuts, cheese, and salt. Sprinkle with parsley.