- Avocado oil spray
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 1 cup (170 g) quinoa
- 6 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup (115 g) nonfat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup (30 g) shredded low-moisture Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (175 g) raw broccoli florets
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Liberally grease a muffin pan with the avocado oil spray.
- Heat the water in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring it to a boil. Add the quinoa, stir it into the water and reduce the heat to low. Cover the quinoa and cook it for 10 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Set the quinoa aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, eggs, cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese, garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Add the broccoli florets and quinoa.
- Fill each muffin cavity three-quarters full, distributing the mixture evenly among the cavities.
- Bake the muffins for 22 to 25 minutes, until the eggs are fully cooked through.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan and serve.
- Store the muffins in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
These egg muffins are loaded with two secret high-protein ingredients—cottage cheese and quinoa, lighter ingredients that boost the nutrient content while giving the muffins the perfect cheesy flavor. Meal prep these delicious egg muffins once and enjoy them for breakfast all week long!