- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp EDEN Sea Salt
- 15 ounces EDEN Garbanzo Beans, drained, reserve liquid, and rinsed
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- or leftover cooked brown rice or millet
- Place the garlic, scallions, onion, parsley, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sea salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until the mixture is finely chopped.
- Add the garbanzo beans and mashed potatoes. Process until smooth.
- The mixture should be stiff. If too stiff, add a small amount of the reserved garbanzo cooking liquid.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties approximately 2 inches across.
- Place remaining oil in a cast iron skillet and heat up.
- Place the patties in the skillet and reduce the flame to medium-low.
- Cook until golden brown, flip over and cook the other side until golden brown. Approximately 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Place the patties on a serving platter and serve.
The patties are delicious served as falafel in warm pita pocket bread with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber slices and your favorite dressing.
240 calories, 12g fat (46% calories from fat), 7g protein, 26g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.