Gluten-Free Macadamia Cookie Bars
You Still Won’t Believe It’s Gluten-Free by Roben Ryberg ($18.99, Da Capo/Lifelong Books, 2013)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix flour and butter until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients, except nuts and chips. Beat batter until well combined and thickened. This will help prevent chips or nuts from sinking. Fold in nuts and chips.
- Pour into 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 15 to 25 minutes, until edges begin to pull away, and bars test clean with a toothpick. Cut into 12 large bars.