Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking (not instant) rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Olive oil spray
- In a medium bowl, combine oats and milk. Stir to blend and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Blend well.
- Add eggs and vanilla to oat mixture, stir to blend, and add to dry mixture. Stir just until all ingredients are moist. Do not overmix.
- Spray large frying pan with oil spray and preheat over medium heat. Use 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Turn when bubbles appear on the surface and bottom is browned.
Per serving (3 pancakes): 238 Calories, 12 g Protein, 39 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 4 g Total fat, 296 mg Sodium